About Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA)
The ESFA brings together the former responsibilities of the Education Funding Agency (EFA) and Skills Funding Agency (SFA) to create a single agency accountable for funding education and skills for children, young people and adults.
- is accountable for £65 billion of funding for the education and training sector, ensuring timely and accurate allocations and payment of education and skills funding to academy trusts, local authorities, colleges and training providers.
- provides assurance that public funds are properly spent, achieves value for money for the taxpayer and delivers the policies and priorities set by the Secretary of State
- provides, where necessary, financial support for providers.
Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/education-and-skills-funding-agency/about (ESFA website)
"Magia Consulting have been successfully delivering projects for the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and its predecessor organisations for 5 years. They have delivered a wide range of projects on our behalf using their Oracle Policy Automation (OPA)* expertise, and have provided us with professional services working with Business Analysts, testers, User Researchers and Content Designers to ensure a service is fit for purpose. In particular they have delivered:
· Complex funding and calculation rules for our Individualised Learning Record (ILR) – a high volume system used by the ESFA to collect Further Education (FE) learner data in order to distribute funding to providers/colleges – through OPA 10.
· Complex online forms using OPA 12 to collect Academy Accounts, a form with over 5000 data elements whose data is used in the biggest accounts consolidation exercise in Europe.
· More routine online data collection forms using OPA 12, such as financial forecasts.
Their ways of working has been what has impressed us the most – in particular they turned our annual academy accounts collection and financial forecasts around from high risk to routine, and our accounts have moved to ‘unqualified’ by the National Audit Office for the first time in five years as a result. They are reliable when it comes to delivering ahead of schedule, and their problem-solving and innovative attitude has saved us on several occasions where changes to other systems have impacted on their services. They have expertise and experience of Infrastructure and environment management particularly with Microsoft Azure and weblogic, and they are working on a proof of concept for exchanging data between OPA and Microsoft Dynamics CRM. They are also proficient in Agile methodologies and have an ethos that nothing should be delivered unless it has been thoroughly tested!"
David Craig, Director of Data Science
Customer Experience, Digital and Data
Education and Skills Funding Agency
*Oracle Policy Automation (OPA) is now known as Oracle Intelligent Advisor